Geothermal Engineering Limited is a world-leading company whose vision is to establish renewable geothermal energy in the UK.
We are bringing together specalist geothermal expertise with leading industry partners to develop the UK’s first large-scale geothermal energy plant.
This website tells you about Geothermal Engineering Limited, the geothermal energy process, and information on our first power plant in the UK.
Who we are, how geothermal energy works and our vision for geothermal energy in the UK
The first project of its kind in the UK, in Cornwall, and a look ahead to future projects throughout the country
Press releases, geothermal energy in the news, and other multimedia downloads and resources
The science and technology behind geothermal energy
The clean, quiet and efficient nature of geothermal energy.
- European Geothermal Congress in Pisa seen as a great success for the geothermal industry
- UK All Energy conference shows high attendance for deep geothermal session
- DECC launch UK deep geothermal study on potential support measures for the power sector
- Ryan Law speaking at the Envirotech Summit one of the key investor events of the year
- All Party Parliamentary Group launched in Westminster by Greg Barker MP, Minister for Climate Change
- Geothermal Engineering presenting at the Renewable Energy Risk Management event in London. Key discussion of geothermal risk and insurance/ mitigation.
- Technical report outlines the UK deep geothermal potential: Up to 20% of the UK's base electricity demand as well as heat for millions of homes.
- GEL Directors presented to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II as part of her visit to Exeter University
- Geothermal Engineering Ltd at the CEFD event. Ryan law Chairs the geothermal discussion panel.
- Seismology for Schools Open Day. Geothermal Engineering Ltd at Plymouth University.