Geothermal Engineering Limited is a world-leading company whose vision is to establish renewable geothermal energy in the UK.
We are bringing together specalist geothermal expertise with leading industry partners to develop the UK’s first large-scale geothermal energy plant.
This website tells you about Geothermal Engineering Limited, the geothermal energy process, and information on our first power plant in the UK.
Who we are, how geothermal energy works and our vision for geothermal energy in the UK
The first project of its kind in the UK, in Cornwall, and a look ahead to future projects throughout the country
Press releases, geothermal energy in the news, and other multimedia downloads and resources
The science and technology behind geothermal energy
The clean, quiet and efficient nature of geothermal energy.
- All Party Parliamentary Group launched in Westminster by Greg Barker MP, Minister for Climate Change
- Geothermal Engineering presenting at the Renewable Energy Risk Management event in London. Key discussion of geothermal risk and insurance/ mitigation.
- Technical report outlines the UK deep geothermal potential: Up to 20% of the UK's base electricity demand as well as heat for millions of homes.
- GEL Directors presented to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II as part of her visit to Exeter University
- Geothermal Engineering Ltd at the CEFD event. Ryan law Chairs the geothermal discussion panel.
- Seismology for Schools Open Day. Geothermal Engineering Ltd at Plymouth University.
- Greg Barker voices support for deep geothermal The Secretary of State for Climate Change, talks of his support for the deep geothermal sector.
- Geothermal Engineering Ltd speaking at the European Renewable Energy M&A Forum 2012 in Liverpool St, London.
- Geothermal Engineering Ltd speaking at GeoPower 2011, Milan Ryan Law (MD) was invited by the European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) to talk about the United Downs project and financing for deep geothermal projects.
- Geothermal Engineering Ltd awarded £6m by the Department of Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) for drilling and testing the first well at the United Downs project.